Nepalgunj Medical College Teaching Hospital (NGMCTH) is situated in Banke district in Western Nepal. It is managed by Lord Buddha Educational Academy Ltd. It was established in the year 2053 B.S. (1996 A.D.) by Founder Chairman Mr. Mukunda Bhakta Shrestha and Managing Director Dr. Suresh Kumar Kanodia,
Lord Buddha Educational Academy Ltd. came to an existence to fulfill the mere objective of developing the nation by imparting excellence in the educational sector. Group of renowned enterprenures and medical professionals joined hands to create an educational institution, “Nepalgunj Medical College”.
Nepalgunj Medical College presently functions from 3 places.
(Basic science campus at Chisapani and Teaching Hospitals at Kohalpur & Nepalgunj)
· MBBS Programme started in Dec 1997.
· It has 1050 bedded Teaching Hospital.
· Session starts in August.
Post Graduate programme has been started since 2007. Now we have PG students in the department of General Surgery, Gyane & Obs., Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology, Pathology , orthopedics and Basic Science.
Lord Buddha Educational Academy Ltd.(Nepalgunj Medical College) is running following Programs under CTEVT Affiliation.
1. Certificate Level Nursing at Kohalpur in 2057.
2. H.A Program at Nepalgunj in 2064.
3. Lab Technician Program at Nepalgunj in 2065.
The Institution is located in the Mid Western Region of Nepal, 16km ahead Nepalgunj city in Banke District.
· The Candidate must pass the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) with English, Mathematics & Science & must score a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
· All the candidates must sit for the entrance examination held by CTEVT in the month of Ashad and the session starts from the month of Ashoj.
· Each session comprise of total 40 sheets and the students are selected on the merit basis of the Entrance Examination.
· The Program is open to Female Candidates only.
· The Candidates must be medically fit to compete with the requirements of the nursing program.
The Program offers Scholarship every year to the deserving candidate. Every year one full and two half scholarships are provided to those candidate who stood first, second and third position in the CTEVT entrance exam. This year four sheets were allocated for ANMs, two for NGOs/INGOs, four sheets for Dalit, Janjati, Durgam etc and two for T SLC.
College Facilities and Infrastructure:
· Well accommodated Girls Hostel.
· Twenty-four hour electricity and water facility.
· Recreation room for students
· Well equipped library and Demonstration Rooms for students.
· Availability of coaching classes to the students as required.
· Mess facility run by students themselves serving delicious food.
· Semi furnished Quarters for teachers.
· Natural environment with greenery all around.
· Availability of teachers anytime to guide the students.